Woo-Hoo! Mahaffey Family Camp is upon us again! Click here for more information on Mahaffey 2016! Plan to stay a night or for the whole 10-day camp experience. It may not exactly be a land flowing with milk and honey, but at least there are milkshakes!
Welcome to Brookville Alliance Church. Take a few moments to look around and see some of the stuff that’s going on around here. Still have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We won’t promise we’ll know the answer to your question, but at least we’ll know the question!
It’s not too late to make a donation to help support the LIFE 2016 conference in Kansas City. If you’d like to make a donation, just click here. Oh wait, that’s right – we’re not set up to do that. Instead, just send your gift in to Brookville Alliance Church at 59 Stone Road, Brookville, PA 15825 with the memo line “LIFE 2016.” And if you get ambitious, you could come teach us how to make an online giving link so it’s easier for the next person!
Got kids? Then read on for some information that you can use!
Kids are always welcome at Brookville Alliance Church! We have a well-staffed nursery for young ‘uns, and for the slightly older tykes (ages 3 years old through 3rd grade), there is Kids’ Zone each week. Kids who wish to attend Kids’ Zone are able to sit with their parents for the first 20-25 minutes of the morning worship hour, and then go downstairs for the exciting Bible-based curriculum we like to call Kids’ Zone. Kids stay at Kids’ Zone for the remainder of the service. Kids’ Zone is especially for kids ages 3 through 3rd grade (or thereabouts) but there are no ID checks at the door, so all kids are welcome to attend! There is an ample number of adult teachers providing excellent supervision for Kids’ Zone as well as numerous additional helpers each week, helping ensure each child has a great time learning valuable Bible truths, participating in the weekly discussions, and connecting with other kids too! Naturally, not every child chooses to participate in Kids’ Zone, and if parents/guardians would prefer they stay with them in the main service, that’s fine too! If you have any questions regarding Kids’ Zone, feel free to contact our church office at (814)849-7500, and our friendly and courteous staff will be glad to get you the information you need. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Coffee pot broken? No problem – BAC features fresh-brewed coffee every Sunday morning at 9:30, just in time for Sunday school and small groups! Many weeks, there are also a few carbohydrate-laden treats too!
Brookville Alliance Church is pleased to present the BAC puppet ministry. Each week, the morning worship hour begins with a lively and informative skit that helps introduce kids of all ages to valuable Biblical truths. Make sure you arrive by 10:45 to ensure the best possible seating (at the front, on the right side) for the puppet skit, as our friends Julius, Kimmie, Doug, and that zany character Marvin as they share their adventurous tales each and every Sunday morning. Best of all, there are currently openings for new members to join the BAC puppet team. If you’re interested in being part of the team, or part of the writing team, please contact Pastor Smeal at email@example.com.
Curious about the current groups you can be a part of at BAC? Here is a quick summary of each one:
- Sunday Mornings: Be sure to come on out each week so you don’t miss out on a single thing. The morning worship hour begins at 10:45, and most weeks, we begin right on time with a special visit from Marvin, Marcel (the French moose), Kimmie, Julius, and the rest of the gang. And hey – if you’re up early enough, come on out at 9:30 – we have numerous Sunday School classes for adults and children alike, as well as a few adult small groups that meet in the church building. Here are some of the Sunday morning series you can still be part of in 2016:
- May 29 – September 18: “Esther – For Such a Time As This” Series
- September 25 – November 6: “Family Fears” Series
- November 27-December 25: “Christmas Under The Bridge” Series [This is still very much in the early stages, and this is merely a working title!]
- Sunday Evenings: Feel free to join in the open small group we like to call “Prospectors” as we dig deep in God’s Word. Currently, we are working through Bill Hybels’ small group study “Creating Community.” Come grab a coffee and a seat, and prepare to join in a round-table-type discussion – or just kick back and listen in!
- Wednesday Evenings: Throughout 2016, we will be studying through the 12 Minor Prophets. Each month will bring a study on a new minor prophet (So January = Hosea, February = Joel, etc.) We will be studying each book in depth and exploring God’s Word in order to see a few practical life lessons and applications from these so-called “Minor Prophets” who have a major message for our world today. Join us at 6:30 for a brief time in the Word of God, followed by prayer groups that make intercession and give praise for God’s blessings. Check it out – you just might get hooked!
Come to BAC on Sunday mornings. You’ll like it. Remember – you can’t spell bacon without BAC!
BAC extends a warm welcome to all visitors. Take time to look around our church website; it’s the finest church website we have on the web today! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the church office at (8 1 4) 849 – 7500 .
The Sunday morning schedule is as follows: 9:30am Small Groups / Sunday School; 10:45am Morning worship service; 12:00noon (or so) BOOM! Lunchtime!!!
Small groups meet throughout the week, either at the church or in various people’s homes (People of the church, that is – not unsuspecting people that we don’t know – we know better than that now!) Anyway, to get connected with a small group, please speak to Pastor Smeal or any of our small group leaders.
For upcoming events, please check out the “upcoming events” page.